Dear Hiring Managers,
The College has added an extra layer of review before approval will be given to commence the hiring process. Please read the memo at this link and let us know if you have any questions.
Human Resources is here to help you find your way through the recruiting process. While recruiting can seem daunting at first, our electronic applicant tracking system, PeopleAdmin, has greatly streamlined the process and shortened the time from seeing off your former employee to welcoming your new one.
1. Obtaining Permission To Fill:
- For the position you are filling for, please update the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) and Job Description. If you need a copy please contact Human Resources.
- If the position is part of the LCCSSA, please contact HR with regards the minimum qualifications for the education and work experience requirement.
- Submit the revised PDQ and Job Description to Human Resources.
- Create the posting in People Admin here.
- Let Human Resources know when the posting is ready and they will submit it along with the PDQ and Job Description to the VP for Business and Finance/Treasurer and the VP and Provost for Executive Council approval to fill.
2. Posting the Position:
- Once the position has been approved to fill, Human Resources will complete the posting process.
3. Selecting The Right Candidate:
- Review the applications for the posting.
- Interview all qualified internal candidates. If you do not select an internal candidate who is a part of the LCCSSA, you must provide them with an explanation in writing as to why they were not selected, and copy the union president.
- If you are hiring for a position in the LCCSSA and the candidate has relevant experience as a student employee, they will be given 50% credit.
- Conduct interviews with the finalists.
- Select a candidate who meets at least the minimum qualifications.
4. Completing The Hiring Process:
- Let Human Resources know the name of the top candidate so that they can email them a link to the electronic Background Check Authorization Form and start the process.
- Contact at least three professional references.
- Submit the reference notes to Human Resources.
- Once Human Resources has completed the background check, the offer can be made. Please note: no offer can be made until the three references and the background check have been completed.