For assistance logging into Moodle contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the IT Service Desk 503-768-7225.
Moodle HQ has several overview videos that describe the most recent features in Moodle and how faculty can use them effectively. We link to videos for Moodle 3.7 which is the version we have deployed 2019-20.
Educational Technology staff can help with Moodle and other technology you use in your teaching. Looking for a helpful resource you didn’t find? Let us know at email@example.com. Want to set up a time for a consultation? Sign up for one of our appointment slots.
Start of Term
- Looking to reuse content from a prior term course? Here are the instructions for the import feature. (Helpsheet)
- Moodle courses are initially hidden from students to give you time to add and format your course. Make Your Course Visible (Helpsheet, Video) when you are ready for students to access your page.
- Students will always see grades on graded activities such as assignments and quizzes. However, the Moodle gradebook is hidden by default. Here are instructions for making your gradebook visible to students. Show/Hide Your Gradebook (Helpsheet)
New to Moodle? Here’s help getting started
You may also want to check out Moodle HQ’s comprehensive video tutorials.
- Moodle FAQ for Students (Helpsheet)
- Your Moodle Dashboard (Moodle.org)
- Editing Your Moodle User Profile (Video)
- Manage Moodle Notifications (Helpsheet)
- Organization in Moodle (Video)
- Moodle FIltered Course List Plugin - (Helpsheet)
- See what classes look like from a student’s view: Switch Role & Grades
- Need to add an auditor or TA? See Enrollment Options for teachers (Helpsheet)
- Exporting a Class Roster (Helpsheet)
- View Course Participants to see enrolled students and when they last accessed the site (Helpsheet)
- Make Gradebook Visible to Students (Helpsheet)
- Hide the Moodle Gradebook (Helpsheet)
- Gradebook Overview (Video - Moodle HQ)
Interactive Activities in Moodle
- Assignment Quick Guide (Moodle.org)
- A Moodle Demo Course demonstrating assignment submission methods.
- Guide for matching assignment submissions settings to your instructional goal (Moodle.org)
- Record audio or video feedback in Moodle (Video - Moodle HQ)
- Planning on using Moodle PDF annotation for grading? Plan on commenting using Word’s Track Changes feature? Use the file type selection (video) feature in Moodle to require a specific format for file uploads.
- Moodle Quick Quiz Guide (Moodle.org)
- Need to make an accommodation for a student who had a technical difficulty, needs an alternate time, or extra time? You can set up individual exam settings for students with the User Override feature.