- I can’t get into Colleague.
- I can’t find the url to get into Colleague.
- How do I print screen?
- Where are the keyboard shortcuts?
- How do I exit Colleague?
- Why isn’t my document printing to PDF?
There are a number of reasons you might not be able log into Colleague.
1) You need to have a Lewis & Clark account in order to use Colleague. If you are not sure if you have an account, check IS Accounts. Enter your login without “@lclark.edu”.
2) Make sure your CapsLock key is not on.
3) If you’re working remotely, you need to be connected via VPN to use Colleague.
4) You may not be set up to use Colleague. In addition to your Lewis & Clark account, you need to be set up within Colleague to have access to specific Colleague screens.
5) If you still can’t get into Colleague, email email@example.com to log a work order.
Go to this page https://www.lclark.edu/information_technology/information_systems/colleague-access/ and choose one of the two environments (Production or Test).
To print screen from a PC you can use Snipping Tool program, which is included with Windows. You may also use the shortcut [alt]+[printscreen] to copy the top window to your clipboard, or [ctl]+[printscreen] to copy the entire desktop to your clipboard and then paste into WORD or other program of your choice.
On a Mac you can use [shift][apple] to copy your screen to the clipboard and then paste into a program, or use [command][shift][apple] to select part of the screen to the clipboard. Mac users can also use the GRAB utility under Applications —> Utilities.
From a Colleague screen, you can click the printer icon in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen. You can then print to an actual printer or save as a PDF to your desktop or to your Google drive.
You can find the keyboard shortcuts by clicking the “?” icon in the navigation bar on the left side of the Colleague screen and choosing “List Keyboard Shortcuts”. The keyboard shortcuts will open in another browser window. If keyboard shortcuts are different for PC and MAC, those will be listed in separate sections.
To exit Colleague, click “Log Out” in the upper right corner of the header bar. DO NOT exit Colleague by just closing your browser window; your window will go away but your Colleague session will still be running in the background.
To print your Colleague report to a PDF file which is then emailed to you, enter “P” in the “Output Device” field and “PDF” in the “Printer” field. If you enter “PDF” in the “Output Device” field you may or may not get an error message, but in any case, you will not get your report in your email.