October is Cyber Security Awareness Month!
October 12, 2020
Attackers are getting more sophisticated with their methods to steal your personal information and phishing attacks are still the most successful way to do it.
Their messages take advantage of current events and try to trick you into visiting malicious sites or attaching files that install malicious software, all so they can steal your information to sell it for profit.
Knowing how to protect yourself will help you stay safe online.
Learn about how to secure your online identity and other important tips: IT Security Cyber Security Awareness
Still working remotely? Learn more: Security Tips for Protecting Yourself at Home
Think you know how to spot a phish? Take Google’s Phishing Test!
- Lock Down Your Login - passwords alone are no longer good enough.
- Own Your Online Presence - personal information is like money, value and protect it.
- Keep a Clean Machine - keep everything (all the things) up to date.
- When in Doubt, Throw it Out - don’t fall for phishes and remove unused software.
- Connect with Care - limit activities when on public wifi networks.
- Don’t Forget the Basics - password/PIN protect your mobile devices.
- Do Your Google Security Checkup!
- Take Google’s Phishing Test!
Stay Safe Online!