Google Sites Migration
Migration Timeline for Classic Google Sites
Google is ending support for Classic Google Sites on January 30, 2023.
To avoid disruption for site viewers
If you want a site to be available to viewers, work with Information Technology to convert it to new Sites before January 30, 2023. Your new site can be published at the same URL as the old site to avoid disruption to viewers.
All Classic Sites must be migrated to New Google Sites to continue to be published.
January 30, 2023:
- Google will turn off editing of classic sites.
After January 30, 2023:
- Google will automatically save classic sites as HTML files to the site owner’s Drive and then convert them to draft new sites for site owners to review and publish.
- The primary super admin will receive a notification after all classic sites in an organization are migrated.
IT is in the process of contacting all Classic Sites owners to schedule site conversions. If you have any questions about this change or how to migrate your Sites, contact Educational Technology for assistance.
Important dates to know:
- December 2022 - IT will contact exiting site owners to schedule conversions.
- January 30, 2023 - Classic Sites editing disabled
- February 2023 - Google will convert all remaining Classic Sites to draft. Classic sites will no longer be available.